Welcome to Bike & Saddle Eco-Active Trips and Holidays!
From our base in Cape Town South Africa, we offer a range of active trips and holidays - in the Western Cape region, and beyond.
Individual, family and bespoke experiences, crafted to appeal to your active lifestyle, fitness level and [group] preferences. Most of all - we bring you to our home, our backyard here on the Southern tip of Africa! Expect only the best from Africa's leading active travel company.
Bike & Saddle trips are fully escorted, all inclusive.
ON THE TRAIL OF THE SAN, TRIP INCLUSIONS:
• Bikes and all equipment
• Hotel transfers and ground transportation
• All meals and light refreshments
• Personal service from the best guides in the industry
• 'Special and Expert' excursions en-route
• All admission fees to reserves, parks and attractionS
On the San trail - We depart Cape Town early, our destination the modern-day home of a century-old society and culture, the Bushmen or San. Our journey will take us along the Cape West Coast - where magical cuisine and local hospitality bumps up against the salty waters of the Atlantic.
Our first stop is at !Khwa ttu San Cultural Center, 70km outside of Cape Town near Yzerfontein. It is a living celebration of past and present and an uplifting and inspirational experience of a minority people's struggle to preserve their identity and culture.
The day's first bike ride - with three options to choose from [ranging from easy to challenging], is the perfect antidote to the morning's car drive out. We learn about the region's fauna and flora and the San people's unique relationship with their environment. Our expert San Guide takes us on an unforgettable three-hour tour where we get up close to the Cape Floral Kingdom's beauty and diversity, San history and the present day challenges facing one of the African Continent's most fascinating minority cultures. The cycle also sets the stage for a superb culinary experience - a gourmet lunch not to be missed!
After lunch we embark on a gentle downhill ride through the reserve towards the quaint coastal village of Yzerfontein. Look out for Zebra, Eland and Springbok, to name a few of the plains animals that share this pristine landscape with us. The white beaches just outside of Yzerfontein welcome us as we near the end of our day's activities. Enjoy a glass of bubbly, with the imposing outline of Table Mountain and Cape Town on the horizon, framing the perfect last photo opportunity. From here it's a short drive back to Cape Town.
[Trip departs Cape Town at 08h30 and returns by 5pm]
Cost is R2,480 ZAR per person. For a more detailed description, please visit www.bikeandsaddle.com
NOTE: BIKE & SADDLE donates 20% of the ticket fee to !Khwa ttu Cultural Center in support of the excellent work carried out here.
Bike & Saddle trips are all inclusive, carefully researched and custom-designed to ensure a perfect balance of adventure and luxury - with zero hassle for our guests. Including, but not limited to
- Quality bicycles and all equipment, (suitable for the terrain and topography) customised for our guests (woman's saddles, custom pedals, handlebar bags, etc.)
- Exclusive and excellent routes (backroads and private estates) - guests can cycle longer or shorter loops, do as as little or much cycling as they wish
- varied sights and sounds -spectacular vantage points
- Restaurants and wineries included on the route and our signature picnics – designed to be the culinary highlight on each tour
- Specialist and local cycle, hiking or walking guides, with 100's of hours of training and experience - and your choice of language guide
- Flights, hotel and airport transfers, back-up vehicle and drivers on each trip
- Parks, museum and all entrance fees, cellar tours, tastings and meals
- The finest overnight accommodation with 5-star hospitality guaranteed (see Eco-Active Partners) in the perfect setting along the route
- Special attention on our family trips on all of the above, ensuring teenagers and children together with parents have the best complimentary active travel experience.